lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Explicit setting of NIOFSDirectory not respected
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 10:44:38 GMT
If you want a specific directory implementation, instantiate it directly (new NIOFSDirectory)?
If you use FSDirectory.open() it will use the autodetected one depending on OS and bitness.

About configuring your server from MMAP in a correct way, read http://blog.thetaphi.de/2012/07/use-lucenes-mmapdirectory-on-64bit.html;
most important is the last section if you get OOM (which is not a OOM regarding heap space,
it is something like "mmap failed" wrapped by an IOException).

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de