lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@openindex.io>
Subject RE: "read past EOF" when merge
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 10:53:39 GMT
Hi,

For what it's worth, we have seen similar issues with Lucene/Solr from this week's trunk.
The issue manifests itself when it want to replicate. The servers have not been taken offline
and did not crash when this happenend.

2012-10-30 16:12:51,061 WARN [solr.handler.ReplicationHandler] - [http-8080-exec
-3] - : Exception while writing response for params: file=_p_Lucene41_0.doc&comm
and=filecontent&checksum=true&generation=6&qt=/replication&wt=filestream
java.io.EOFException: read past EOF: MMapIndexInput(path="/opt/solr/cores/openindex_h/data/index.20121030152234973/_p_Lucene41_0.doc")
        at org.apache.lucene.store.ByteBufferIndexInput.readBytes(ByteBufferIndexInput.java:100)
        at org.apache.solr.handler.ReplicationHandler$DirectoryFileStream.write(ReplicationHandler.java:1065)
        at org.apache.solr.handler.ReplicationHandler$3.write(ReplicationHandler.java:932)

Markus