lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using DocValues with CollationKeyAnalyzer
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2012 14:14:29 GMT
Hi Christoph: in my opinion, (ICU)Collation should actually be
implemented as DocValues just as you propose: e.g. we'd deprecate the
Analyzer and just offer a (ICU)CollationFields that provide an easy
way to do this, so you would just add one of these to your Lucene
Document.

I started a prototype/discussion on this issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-4035 (the patch is likely
a little out of date)

But I think your code here is correct!