lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does anyone have tips on managing cached filters?
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 22:31:04 GMT
On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 11:10 PM, Trejkaz <trejkaz@trypticon.org> wrote:

> As for actually doing the invalidation, CachingWrapperFilter itself
> doesn't appear to have any mechanism for invalidation at all, so I
> imagine I will be building a variation of it with additional methods
> to invalidate parts of the cache.

Actually it does, it uses a weakhashmap keyed on either the segment
(core+deletes) or just the segment's core.

The former (recacheDeletes=true) "bakes the deletes" into the bitset, but
at the expense of being invalidated much more often.
The latter (recacheDeletes=false) intersects the deletes at search time, so
slightly slower but stays cached even as documents become deleted for that
segment.