lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using CharFilter to inject a space
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2012 00:13:45 GMT
On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 7:47 PM, Igal @ getRailo.org <igal@getrailo.org> wrote:
> I considered it, and it's definitely an option.
>
> but I read in the book "Lucene In Action" that MappingCharFilter is
> inefficient and I'm not sure that I need that.  if implementing my own
> involves a lot of coding then I might resort to it as I don't have large
> data sets to index at this time.

Also I think (dont remember off the top of my head) that this note in
Lucene in Action refers to the fact that its base class
(BaseCharFilter) corrected offsets in O(n) at the time.

We fixed this to be O(log(N)) here as of 3.1:

So I think its worth giving it a try before trying to code something yourself!