lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: content disappears in the index
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2012 13:28:38 GMT
First, sorting on tokenized fields is undefined/unsupported. You _might_
get away with it if the author field always reduces to one token, i.e. if
you're always indexing only the last name.

I should say unsupported/undefined when more than one token is the result
of analysis. You can do things like use the KeywordTokenizer followed by
tranformations on the _entire_ input field (lowercasing is popular for
instance).

So somehow the analysis chain you have defined for this field grabs
"Arslanagic"
and translates it into "a". Synonyms? Stemming? Some "interesting" sequence?

The fastest way to look at that would be in Solr's admin/analysis page.
Just put Arslanagic into the index box and you should see which of the
steps does the translation. Although changing it to "a" is really weird,
it's almost certainly something you've defined in the indexing analysis
chain.

FWIW,
Erick