lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tom Burton-West <tburt...@umich.edu>
Subject Re: Superset Similarity?
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 22:18:33 GMT
Hi Otis,

I hope this is not off-topic,

Apparently in Lucene similarity does not have to be set at index time:

See http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_0_0/changes/Changes.html under Lucene
2959
"All models default to the same index-time norm encoding as
DefaultSimilarity, so you can easily try these out/switch back and
forth/run experiments and comparisons without re-indexing."

Does Solr expose this ability to change similarities without re-indexing?
 i.e could you just change your schema?

Tom

http://www.hathitrust.org/blogs/large-scale-search