lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: "read past EOF" when merge
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 10:41:09 GMT
Are you able to reproduce the corruption?

If at any time you accidentally had two writers open on the same
index, it could have created this corruption.

Writing to an index over NFS ought to be OK, however, it's not well
tested.  You should use SimpleFSLockFactory (not the default
NativeFSLockFactory).

The more "typical" way people use NFS is to write to an index on a
local disk, and then other machines read from that index using NFS.

In any event performance is usually much worse than using local disks ...

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com