lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <>
Subject Re: App supplied docID in lucene possible?
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 15:52:48 GMT
On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 5:15 AM, Ravikumar Govindarajan
<> wrote:
> Many thanks Mike, for helping me understand the problems

You're welcome.

> I gather that only postings "may be" able to handle "sparse non-decreasing
> docIDs per flush" while all other areas like stored-fields/field-cache
> etc... cannot do so currently.

> Can you recollect and point me to any discussions that has happened
> previously on sort-docID-before-flush/sparse-doc-handling?

I thought there may have been a Jira issue opened about this but I
can't find it now...

Also, in addition to LUCENE-3837, there are two other ideas for
updatable fields: LUCENE-4258 and LUCENE-4272.  Hopefully from these
different approaches we'll eventually get a solution that works for
your use case!

Mike McCandless

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: