lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: How to correctly use SearcherManager#close?
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 22:00:11 GMT
Call it when you know you'll no longer need to call .acquire on it
anymore (typically this would be when your webapp is being destroyed).

Really all this does is drop its internal reference to the current searcher.

Any in-flight searches still outstanding will run fine (and they
should call .release, like normal, once they are done, even though
you've already called .close on the SearcherManager)...

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 5:27 PM, Michael-O <1983-01-06@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> while I do understand the workflow with this class, I do not understand when to call
close(). The JavaDoc is not crystal clear on that. Am I supposed to call this method after
release() or when my webapp is destroyed?