lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jan Stette <jan.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Multiple facets in Lucene searches
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2012 17:27:13 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to use Lucene Facet for doing faceted searches. I've hit a
problem with a use case where users in my application needs to be able to
select multiple facets then run a search for things that match either of
the facets.

Using DrillDown.query(), it treats multiple facets using AND, so that it
returns hits that match all of the given facets, as described here:
http://lucene.apache.org/core/3_6_1/api/all/org/apache/lucene/facet/search/DrillDown.html
.

That's good for some use cases, but not for all. Is there a way to specify
OR instead of AND for drilldown queries. Alternatively, a way to achieve
the same result using another type of query?

Regards,
Jan