lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bin Lan <b...@perimeterusa.com>
Subject AlreadyClosedException when doing search
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 14:39:57 GMT
We recently upgrade our lucene library from 1.9.1 to 3.6.1 and we run into
multiple AlreadyClosedException when doing search. Here is the stack:

RetrievedDateMarker=2012-11-08 08:36:34.393 Error searching
\\p7na02b\na01_mail03\index\daily\20121031.main.index.3
        com.seccas.task.SearchRequestTask.futureTaskRun(
SearchRequestTask.java:136)
        com.seccas.util.SearchThread.run(SearchThread.java:26)
Caused by:
org.apache.lucene.store.AlreadyClosedException: MMapIndexInput already
closed: MMapIndexInput(path="\\p7na02b\na01_mail03\
compliance.farmersagent.com\index\daily\20121031.main.index.3\_4ljc.frq")

org.apache.lucene.store.MMapDirectory$MMapIndexInput.seek(MMapDirectory.java:382)

org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentTermDocs.seek(SegmentTermDocs.java:100)

org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentTermDocs.seek(SegmentTermDocs.java:67)

com.seccas.lucene.FieldArrayFilter.getDocIdSet(FieldArrayFilter.java:157)

org.apache.lucene.search.FilteredQuery.getFilteredScorer(FilteredQuery.java:136)

org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:577)

org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:364)
        com.seccas.task.SearchRequestTask.futureTaskRun(
SearchRequestTask.java:89)
        com.seccas.util.SearchThread.run(SearchThread.java:26)

On the source code side, we open and did the search like this:

reader = IndexReader.open(FSDirectory.open(newFile(request.indexPath)));
searcher = new IndexSearcher( reader );
searcher.search( query, filter, collector );

I do not see any reason why this could happen. The IndexReader is not being
shared with other thread.

Regards
--
Bin Lan
Software Developer

Follow Us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/PerimeterNews
Read Our Blog: security.perimeterusa.com/blog

--
 The sender of this email subscribes to Perimeter E-Security's email
 anti-virus service. This email has been scanned for malicious code and is