lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ravikumar Govindarajan <ravikumar.govindara...@gmail.com>
Subject Grouping on multiple shards possible in lucene?
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 14:43:18 GMT
The formatter has wrecked the table... Reposting it

Please read it as follows

{ENTITY,PARENT,DATE,SHARD} tuple

M1  C1  12/11/2010  A1
M2  C2  12/11/2011  A2
M3  C4  12/02/2012  A3
M4  C1  12/11/2012  A4
M5  C2  13/11/2012  A4
M6  C3  14/11/2012  A4

I need to group this based on parents ordered by time. The shards
themselves are in increasing order of time {A1-A4 in ascending order of
time}

So, if for some search, the entities matched are M1,M2,M3,M4&M6, the set of
results returned should be *C3,C2,C1,C4*

I am aware of grouping search in lucene, but extending it to multiple
shards is possible? More importantly, are there ways by which I can
re-organize my Documents during index-time to optimize query performance
for such a grouping feature?

--
Ravi

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 8:05 PM, Ravikumar Govindarajan <