lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ravikumar Govindarajan <ravikumar.govindara...@gmail.com>
Subject Grouping on multiple shards possible in lucene?
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 14:35:20 GMT
We are trying to do a grouping search that spans multiple shards ordered by
time.

*ENTITY                        PARENT
  TIME                    SHARD*
M1                                     C1
         12-Nov-2010           A1
M2                                     C2
         12-Nov-2011           A2
M3                                     C4
         12-Feb-2012           A3
M4                                     C1
         12-Nov-2012           A4
M5                                     C2
         13-Nov-2012           A4
M6                                     C3
         14-Nov-2012           A4

I need to group this based on parents ordered by time. The shards
themselves are in increasing order of time {A1-A4 in ascending order of
time}

So, if for some search, the entities matched are M1,M2,M3,M4&M6, the set of
results returned should be *C3,C2,C1,C4*

I am aware of grouping search in lucene, but extending it to multiple
shards is possible? More importantly, are there ways by which I can
re-organize my Documents during index-time to optimize query performance
for such a grouping feature?

--
Ravi