lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Trejkaz <>
Subject Re: Can I still use SearcherManager in this situation?
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 21:29:26 GMT
On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 11:10 PM, Ian Lea <> wrote:
> Sorry, didn't notice that refreshIfNeeded is protected.

It's not only protected... but the class is final as well (the method
might as well be private so that it doesn't give a false sense of hope
that it can be overridden.)

I might have to clone the whole class just to make the method public.

> You could run IndexUpgrader on your old indexes to bring them up to date, in stages
> from v2 to v3 then v4, then upgrade.

If it were our own indexes I would just do that, but this is an
application used by others, and our users complained the last time I
tried to put in any kind of index-wide migration.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message