lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Scott Smith <ssm...@mainstreamdata.com>
Subject RE: Highlighting html pages
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 01:16:23 GMT
I was trying to play with this.  Am I correct in assuming that this isn't going to work with
the StandardTokenizer (since it appears to strip angle brackets among other things)?  Does
HTMLStripCharFilter expect a WhiteSpaceTokenizer or a CharacterTokenizer or ??

If I want to get rid of punctuation (commas, periods, semicolons, etc.) after the HTML stripping,
is there a filter?  Essentially, I want to get it back to what StandardTokenizer would give
me after I've stripped the HTML.

Suggestions?

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Sokolov [mailto:sokolov@ifactory.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:04 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Cc: Scott Smith
Subject: Re: Highlighting html pages

If you use HTMLStripCharFilter, it extracts the text only, leaving tags out, and remembering
the word positions so that highlighting works properly.  Should do exactly what you want out
of the box...

On 10/23/2012 8:00 PM, Scott Smith wrote:
> I need to take an html page  that I retrieve from my lucene search and highlight all
of the terms that are part of the search.  I need to skip over any html tags since I don't
want any words in tags which happen to match the search to be highlighted.

> Note that I don't want sections of the document.  I need to highlight all terms in the
document (with a <span> or something similar) and get back the entire document (with
the new <span>s) so it can be displayed in its entirety with the search terms highlighted.

> Last time I did this (in the days of 1.4.2 - so a while ago), I had to write a custom
tokenizer that skipped over the html tokens so that I didn't accidentally highlight them.
 I'm hoping that there is an easier way to do this now.