lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Question about ordering rule of SpanNearQuery
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 16:22:05 GMT
Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any Javadoc that discusses what
factors are used to score spans. For example, how to relate the number of
times a span matches in a document vs. the exactness of each span match.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: 杨光
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2012 5:02 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Question about ordering rule of SpanNearQuery

Hi all,
    Recently, we are developing a platform with lucene. The ordering rule we
specified is the document with the shortest distance between query terms
ranks the first. But there may be a little different with SpanNearQuery. It
returns all the documents with qualified distance. So I am confused with the
ordering rule about SpanNearQuery. For example, I indicate the slot in
SpanNearQuery is 10. And the results are all the qualified documents. Is it
true that any document with shorter distance between query rand before the
one with longer distance without considering the tf-idf algorithm? Or among
all the qualified documents, it till uses tf-idf algorithm to rank the docs.
Or there is some complex algorithm blending the distance and tf-idf
algorithm.

Thanks in advance.
Kobe