lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From 杨光 <18631516...@126.com>
Subject Question about ordering rule of SpanNearQuery
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2012 15:26:26 GMT
Hi all,
    Recently, we are developing a platform with lucene. The ordering rule we specified is
the document with the shortest distance between query terms ranks the first. But there may
be a little different with SpanNearQuery. It returns all the documents with qualified distance.
So I am confused with the ordering rule about SpanNearQuery. For example, I indicate the slot
in SpanNearQuery is 10. And the results are all the qualified documents. Is it true that any
document with shorter distance between query rand before the one with longer distance without
considering the tf-idf algorithm? Or among all the qualified documents, it till uses tf-idf
algorithm to rank the docs. Or there is some complex algorithm blending the distance and tf-idf
algorithm.
    Thanks in advance.

--

Guang Yang,