lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Elmer van Chastelet <>
Subject Re: Which stemmer?
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2012 13:49:57 GMT
I've just created a small web application which you might find useful.
You can see which words are matched by a query word when using different
analyzers  (phonetic and stemming analyzers).
These include snowball, kstem and minimal stem (the ones on the right).

I can extend the app with more analyzers. Please let me know :)

On 11/14/2012 07:55 PM, Scott Smith wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with the stemmers?  I know that Porter is what "everyone"
uses.  Am I better off with KStemFilter (better performance) or ??  Does anyone understand
the differences between the various stemmers and how to choose one over another?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message