lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Igal @ getRailo.org" <i...@getrailo.org>
Subject Re: Lucene API
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2012 19:47:23 GMT
it's CharTermAttribute in particular but since there are many such
particular examples -- at some point it becomes Lucene in general.

perhaps the problem is on my end that I'm not familiar enough with
DSL-style, but learning DSL concepts is not a prerequisite for Lucene.

as for the Term being immutable -- it's a char buffer, which in my view
is Very much mutable -- so if that was the idea it totally escaped me.

again, I'm not trying to criticize here, but I think that perhaps the
Lucene-experts are already used to this API and new users have a steeper
learning curve because of it.

Igal