lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Igal @ getRailo.org" <i...@getrailo.org>
Subject Re: using CharFilter to inject a space
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2012 00:32:36 GMT
hi Robert,

thank you for your replies.

I couldn't find much documentation/examples of this, but this is what I
came up with (below).  is that the way I'm supposed to use the
MappingCharFilter?

also, if that is the correct way, wouldn't it make sense to return a
reference to "this" from NormalizeCharMap.Builder.add() so that we can
chain the calls to add() like so: builder.add( ",", ", " ).add( ";", ";
" ).build() ?

thanks,

Igal

     public class CommaSpaceCharFilter extends MappingCharFilter {

         public CommaSpaceCharFilter( Reader input ) {

             super( getMap(), input );
         }

         final static NormalizeCharMap getMap() {

             NormalizeCharMap.Builder builder = new
NormalizeCharMap.Builder();

             builder.add( ",", ", " );
             builder.add( ";", "; " );