lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dyga, Adam" <adam.d...@beumergroup.com>
Subject German 'ue' -> 'u' conversion
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 09:46:41 GMT
Hello,

I have two questin regarding handling German umlauts in Lucene:

1. I'm trying to find a way to convert German Umlauts written as 'ue', 'ae', etc to folded
form 'u', 'a' and so on.
This is done by GermanAnalyzer (and German2StemFilter used by it), but unfortunately it also
does stemming which is very undesired in my case.
Is there any other filter that can do only the 'ua' -> 'u' conversion?

2. Is there any filter that does 'ü' -> 'ue' (NOT 'u') conversion? What I'm trying to
achieve is that word "über" should be found in the index whenever the user searches for "
über" or "ueber" , but NOT "uber".

Regards,
AD