lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Lance Norskog <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Which stemmer?
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2012 00:47:38 GMT
Nope! This slang term only exists in the plural. The kind of prose with this usage may not
follow standard grammatical and spelling rules anyway. Historically, text search has been
funded mostly by the US intelligence agencies because they want to analyze formal and technical
prose. And, it is coded by people who think in good grammar, and are perfect spellers.

If you find 'too aggressive' and 'too mild' to be a problem, what you want is 'lemmatization'
where you work from a dictionary of word forms. Solr supports using Wordnet for this purpose.

Lance