lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From geeky2 <gee...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: info on how lucene conducsts a search?
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 16:38:13 GMT
Ian Lea wrote

> The question on cores might be better asked on the solr list, assuming
> you are talking about Solr cores.  But I bet the answer will be a
> variant on either "it depends" or, my favourite, "whatever works for
> you".

yes - i am referring to solr cores.

i was hoping to find a more academic explanation to a few of my questions.
for example - is a lucene search done as a "full table scan" and therefore
linear in performance or O(n)??

knowing things like this - would help me make better core/index design
decisions (along with other factors - of course).

thx
mark