lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From wgggfiy <>
Subject what is the offsets and payload in DocsAndPositionsEnum for ??
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2012 17:09:09 GMT
I'm now studying lucene 4.0.
1, what is the startOffset and endOffset for ? is there a code example ?
2, what is payload ? I know just a little about it, and it can be used for
things like font weight, or XML enclosing tag.
3, I have a item like (lucene, 350, 450, 33.2, 2), where 350,450 is the
offset of the term 'lucene', and 33.2 is a score, and 2 is some id, my
question is how I can make it indexed ?
my first idea is to relized my own posting list format, but is it possible
to make it with the startOffset, endOffset and payload ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message