lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bernd Fehling <bernd.fehl...@uni-bielefeld.de>
Subject com.sun.jdi.InvocationException occurred invoking method
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 12:04:51 GMT
Hi list,
while walking through the code with debugger (eclipse juno) I get the following:
com.sun.jdi.InvocationException occurred invoking method.
This is while trying to see org.apache.lucene.search.ScoreDoc

So the debugger seams to have a problem with the toString() of ScoreDoc.java
which looks as follows:

  // A convenience method for debugging.
  @Override
  public String toString() {
    return "doc=" + doc + " score=" + score + " shardIndex=" + shardIndex;
  }

I have no problems with toString() from other classes so the solution might be
to first create a String and return the String value?

  // A convenience method for debugging.
  @Override
  public String toString() {
    String s = "doc=" + doc + " score=" + score + " shardIndex=" + shardIndex;
    return s;
  }

Or use a StringBuilder like in org.apache.lucene.search.Sort.toString()?

Any thoughts on this?

Regards
Bernd