lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Improving search performance for forum search
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2012 08:37:56 GMT
IndexReader.document() is documented to be used only for presenting search results. Fetching
the document for every possible hit while scoring is the performance killer (it is funny that
your query only takes 300 ms, maybe the SSD).
The correct solution is to use the new field type DocValues, which are similar to stored fields
but are stored column wise (and not document wise) and can be loaded to memory completely.
In your CustomScoreQuery, you can use the DocValues (available on AtmoicReader) to score your
documents.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler