lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there anything in Lucene 4.0 that provides 'absolute' scoring so that i can compare the scoring results of different searches ?
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 18:05:21 GMT
On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 7:11 AM, Paul Taylor <paul_t100@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> In a music database  have an index of releases and a separate indexes of
> artists, usually the user just searches artists or releases. But sometimes
> they want to search all and interleave the results from the two indexes, but
> its not sensible for me to interleave them based on their score at the
> moment.

I'm confused if you are talking about comparing two unrelated
searches, or if you are asking about a "federated search" of the same
query across 2 indexes (treat them as one collection)?

If its the latter, you can use a MultiReader if the indexes are on the
same box, or if they are not, you can implement a distributed
statistics interchange by subclassing IndexSearcher's termStatistics()
and collectionStatistics() methods (e.g. distributed IDF).