lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Restrict Lucene search in concrete document ids
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 13:29:18 GMT
Well, the original problem statement was that there is a list
of doc IDs. On the assumption that these are _lucene_ doc
IDs, it's just a matter of turning on the bit for each indicated
doc in a relatively small, in-memory structure. This presumably
could be done once whenever the original list of doc IDs
was generated.

But it's almost certainly going to be cheaper than constructing
a large OR clause consisting of thousands of doc IDs...

Best
Erick