lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Divya Arunachalam <diva...@gmail.com>
Subject Nested Documents
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 16:33:13 GMT
Hi,

I am pretty new to solr and I am trying to create Nested Indexes. But i am
not able to find proper documentation or to get it working. Following is my
issue/scenario:

We have a List of Providers who can be at multiple locations.We initially
had a document for each provider location. So there might be 6 documents
for a provider who has 6 locations. This works fine, but when we try to
sort/paginate we want to do by provider. But now we have the documents at
the provider location level, we have to do some post processing.

Is there any way to have a parent(provider) and child(location). I have
read i can use block join query to get details from parent and child. But
iam not able to get the nested index. If i have one document and multiple
entities, it just gives me a list.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5256389/can-we-have-multiple-entity-in-solr-result-structure

my thoughts are same as the post.

Can you please help.