lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Restrict Lucene search in concrete document ids
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 15:03:13 GMT
I would expect a filter to be quicker than adding thousands of clauses
because Filters are just bit sets and operations are extremely fast.
But never take performance predictions, particularly from me, on trust
- test it in your app with your index on your hardware.

To use a filter here I think you'd create a Filter subclass with a
getDocIdSet() method that returned a DocIdSet, probably an OpenBitSet,
that had the relevant bits set.

Presumably you're aware of the transient nature of lucene internal
docids and the per-segment complexities and everything.

--
Ian.