lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Matthijs <li...@selckin.be>
Subject Re: lucene-4.0: QueryWrapperFilter & docBase
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 09:35:12 GMT
On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a known problem currently. I think there is already an issue open, so this was
not solved for 4.0 (I don't have the issue no available at the moment).

> My plan to fix this is to make Filters behave like queries (with a rewrite() method),
so the correct context can be passed to a "rewritten" filter (when QueryWrapperFilter rewrites,
it rewrites also the query). The current approach is for performance reasons, because without
rewrite, you would have no persistent "state" information between index segments, so the Query
has to be rewritten on the top-level index for every segment again. By the current approach,
the query is only rewritten against the current segment with a private IndexSearcher. By that
process the docBase gets lost. So currently this does not work.

> I would recommend to *not* use QueryWrapperFilter and instead wrap with ConstantScoreQuery
and add it to the query as a Boolean MUST clause. In that case it should work fine. There
is no performance increase by using QueryWrapperFilter, so no reason to use it.

Thanks for the explantation and fast reply, I will try to CSQ approach..