lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <simon.willna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scoring based on document
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 07:51:21 GMT
hey there,

in Lucene 4 you can override the termStatistics / CollectionStatistics
used for scoring in the IndexSearcher. You can take multiple fields
into account here in order use it for scoring. Here is the javadoc
link:

http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_0_0/core/org/apache/lucene/search/IndexSearcher.html#termStatistics(org.apache.lucene.index.Term,
org.apache.lucene.index.TermContext)
http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_0_0/core/org/apache/lucene/search/IndexSearcher.html#collectionStatistics(java.lang.String)

simon
On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 11:25 PM, Siraj Haider <siraj@jobdiva.com> wrote:
> I am using DefaultSimilarity and did not boost any field while indexing. My index is
comprised of the following fields:

> -          Title
>
> -          Author
>
> -          Bookname
>
> -          Description
>
> All of the 4 fields are indexed and can be searched on by the user. Now let's say the
user searches for "oracle" in Title field, the score is computed based on the Title field
only, and its disregarding the frequency of the term "oracle" in other fields. It might be
like that by design but I need to change it so that the documents are ranked based on the
frequency in the whole document and not based on the field searches. Please help!

> Thanks in advance
> -Siraj

> This electronic mail message and any attachments may contain information which is privileged,
sensitive and/or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. The information is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named as the addressee above. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution
(electronic or otherwise) or forwarding of, or the taking of any action in reliance on, the
contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic
transmission in error, please notify us by telephone, facsimile, or e-mail as noted above
to arrange for the return of any electronic mail or attachments. Thank You.