lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Martijn v Groningen <martijn.v.gronin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 4.0 delete by ID
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2012 21:24:29 GMT
A top level document ID can change over time. For that reason you
shouldn't rely on it. However if you know your index is stable or you
keep track when a merge happes, you can use the
IndexWriter#tryDeleteDocument method to delete a document by Lucene
id. Deleting a document via a IndexReader is no longer possible.

Martijn

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Martijn van Groningen