lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Scott Smith <ssm...@mainstreamdata.com>
Subject Norms and Term Vectors in Lucene 4.0
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 22:56:47 GMT
Converting some code to lucene 4.0, it appears that we can no longer set whether we want to
store norms or termvectors using the "sugared" Field classes (e.g., StringField() and TextField).
 I gather the defaults are to store norms and to not store termvectors?

If I don't want norms on a field, then do I need to use the new streamlined Field() and set
the appropriate FieldType object parameters?  Is that my only option?

I assume I also have to go through the new Field() if I need to control TermVectors?

Where's LIA3 when you need it :)

Scott