lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Siraj Haider <si...@jobdiva.com>
Subject Scoring based on document
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 21:25:38 GMT
I am using DefaultSimilarity and did not boost any field while indexing. My index is comprised
of the following fields:

-          Title

-          Author

-          Bookname

-          Description

All of the 4 fields are indexed and can be searched on by the user. Now let's say the user
searches for "oracle" in Title field, the score is computed based on the Title field only,
and its disregarding the frequency of the term "oracle" in other fields. It might be like
that by design but I need to change it so that the documents are ranked based on the frequency
in the whole document and not based on the field searches. Please help!

Thanks in advance
-Siraj

This electronic mail message and any attachments may contain information which is privileged,
sensitive and/or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. The information is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named as the addressee above. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution
(electronic or otherwise) or forwarding of, or the taking of any action in reliance on, the
contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic
transmission in error, please notify us by telephone, facsimile, or e-mail as noted above
to arrange for the return of any electronic mail or attachments. Thank You.