lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dawn Zoƫ Raison <d...@digitorial.co.uk>
Subject Question on method visibility in Highlighter - WeightedSpanTermExtractor class
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 20:24:44 GMT
Hi folks,

Is there a reason why the setMaxDocCharsToAnalyze() method of
WeightedSpanTermExtractor() is protected?

The class is a perfect fit for my requirement (enumerating the list of
terms present in a document that match the current query for subsequent
highlighting in a PDF file) with the lone exception that this property
defaults to 0 and cannot be changed externally...

I currently have this one class in my source tree with this property
changed to public, but would obviously prefer not to duplicate.

--

Rgds.
*Dawn Raison*