lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: How to use/create an alias to a field?
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 14:57:51 GMT
With edismax in Solr 3.6/4.0 field aliases are supported:

"The syntax for aliasing is f.myalias.qf=realfield. A user query for
myalias:foo will be queried as realfield:foo."

See:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ExtendedDisMax#Field_aliasing_.2BAC8_renaming

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Willi Haase
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 9:26 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: How to use/create an alias to a field?

Hello

I am using Lucene 3.4 and I have nearly the same question like Jan in his
post:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-java-user/200801.mbox/%3C4791E482.60900%40gmx.de%3E

I could found something helpful in "Lucene in Action" or in the web.
What is the recommended way to create an alias to a field?
I want be able to use in the searchquery "au:some_name" or "auth:some_name"
or "author:some_name", all using the field "author".

Many thanks in advance for any help or recommendations
  Willi : )