lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Willi Haase <willi_ha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to use/create an alias to a field?
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 10:42:20 GMT
Hello Jack,

you are right, there is no reason that this possibility is only in Solr, what could use
it from the Lucene-API.
I just got the old source code from Jan, the author of the old post.
When our current change is release I will have a look to the Solr solution and I will try
to bring this in some way to the Lucene API as well.

Thank you
  Willi

________________________________
 Von: Jack Krupansky <jack@basetechnology.com>
An: java-user@lucene.apache.org; Willi Haase <willi_haase@yahoo.com>
Gesendet: 17:43 Donnerstag, 25.Oktober 2012
Betreff: Re: How to use/create an alias to a field?

I almost added that you could create a subclass of the Lucene query parser, as Solr does,
and add the aliasing that way. There might/should be field aliasing code in Solr that you
could easily apply in Solr. There really isn't a great reason why aliasing is only available
in Solr and not in Lucene.

But unless you are prepared to hack on the query parser, alias support isn't available in
Lucene right now.

-- Jack Krupansky
-----Original Message----- From: Willi Haase