lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Willi Haase <>
Subject Re: How to use/create an alias to a field?
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 15:59:12 GMT
Hi Jack

Thank you for your help.
My problem is, I have only a Lucene setup and can not switch to Solr : (

 Von: Jack Krupansky <>
Gesendet: 15:57 Donnerstag, 25.Oktober 2012
Betreff: Re: How to use/create an alias to a field?
With edismax in Solr 3.6/4.0 field aliases are supported:

"The syntax for aliasing is f.myalias.qf=realfield. A user query for myalias:foo will be queried
as realfield:foo."

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message----- From: Willi Haase
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 9:26 AM
Subject: How to use/create an alias to a field?

I am using Lucene 3.4 and I have nearly the same question like Jan in his post:

I could found something helpful in "Lucene in Action" or in the web.
What is the recommended way to create an alias to a field?
I want be able to use in the searchquery "au:some_name" or "auth:some_name" or "author:some_name",
all using the field "author".

Many thanks in advance for any help or recommendations
Willi : )

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: