lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From sxam <sx...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Restrict Lucene search in concrete document ids
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 14:50:13 GMT
Hi,
Well, those are Lucene Document Ids I am talking about. And I know it could
be done using a Filter with a Query, but I thought that if I can tell Lucene
to somehow look in a specified set of Documents, it would speed up the
search substantially. Otherwise it's just the same as adding 5000 Clauses to
the search query isn't it?
Or am I missing something and using Filter is better than in a search query?
But why, isn't Filter using the same query ifc and just works on a received
result set? How do I add Document Id as a clause (to Filter/Query), BTW?