lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Robert Streitberger <rstreitbe...@csc.com>
Subject Hibernate Search with Regex based on Table
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 12:45:08 GMT
Hello,

I am currently discussing the possibilities of introducing Hibernate
Search (Lucene) into an existing Java Web Project with existing Hibernate
Layer.

Hibernate Queries are quite complex and mostly done with criteries.

For certain properties/columns we are looking for advanced search
possibilities.

Example: Assume we have a where clause with like search looking up for
names from different languages (we are on UTF-8 database) like let's say
Gomez -> which could also be written as Gómez or Gômez... what ever...

The idea for the search is to hava a table which provides all alternatives
for a certain letter... let's say o -> ô, ó, ò, ... and creating a regex
from this to find all possible combinations of Gomez no matter if we use
o, or variants of it from utf-8 character set. Problem is that regex can
be very large as there are alternatives for nearly any vocals and
consonants and regexp_like search of oracle database is quite restricted.

Thus idea would be to use some kind of index search with lucene.

In short: Would it be possible to introduce Hibernate Search in the
project? (There is at least hibernate 3.0 and Jdk 1.5 on tomcat 6 with
hbm.xml files available but not with annotations).
                Would it be possible to use indexed lucene search by
adding Restrictions to Hibernate Criterias?
                Would it be possible to also introduce the matching table
to create a complex regex?
               Or is there a restriction on the length of lucene regex
expressions?
              Or is there maybe another way which is not using regex at
all if regex is not possible with this complexity?

Many thanks in advance!
kr

Rob