lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ramprakash Ramamoorthy <youngestachie...@gmail.com>
Subject Negative query issue
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 15:24:57 GMT
Take a look at this query :

-HOSTNAME:ram AND SEVERITY:information

The above query isn't giving me the intended results. I know we need to
append a * : * to a query that it is totally negative, also I found that
the above case could be solved by appending a * : * to the HOSTNAME search
criteria, but it might be a serious performance crunch, since my
application gets search queries from the end user directly.

How do I go about this and help me arrive at an optimal solution please!
P.S : Have posted this query at stackoverflow as well

--
With Thanks and Regards,
Ramprakash Ramamoorthy,