lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sachin Kulkarni <kulk...@hawk.iit.edu>
Subject Re: setting different similarity in config (.alg) file at indexing
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2012 05:01:41 GMT
Hi,

I found my answer in this:
http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_0_0-BETA/changes/Changes.html#4.0.0-alpha.new_features

change no. 34 LUCENE-2959 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2959>:
Added a variety of different relevance ranking systems to Lucene.
"All models default to the same index-time norm encoding as
DefaultSimilarity, so you can easily try these out/switch back and
forth/run experiments and comparisons without reindexing. Note: most of the
models do rely upon index statistics that are new in Lucene 4.0, so for
existing 3.x indexes its a good idea to upgrade your index to the new
format with IndexUpgrader first."

So basically in my case I do not need to set it in the .alg file.