lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sachin Kulkarni <kulk...@hawk.iit.edu>
Subject setting different similarity in config (.alg) file at indexing
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 12:58:21 GMT
Hi,

For Lucene core 4.0. BETA, under the search.similarities help page it says
the following
"To change Similarity<http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_0_0-BETA/core/org/apache/lucene/search/similarities/Similarity.html>,
one must do so for both indexing and searching, and the changes must happen
before either of these actions take place."
How do I set a different similarity measure while indexing using the alg
file?
I know we can use the IndexWriterConfig's setSimilarity using code but am
not sure what to use in the config file.

 I want to use a different similarity measure for search.

Thank you.

Regards,
Sachin