lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From parnab kumar <parnab.2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Variable term weighting while indexing
Date Sun, 30 Sep 2012 12:02:14 GMT
Hi Erick,
          Can you please share your thoughts on the following :
                 Since lucene by default does vector space scoring , the
weight component for a term from the document is nothing but its term
frequency . Now if i have an associated payload weight for that term , when
the final scoring takes place , will now the weight component of the term
be the payload weight .
                           Is the above intuition correct ?

Thanks,
Parnab