lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Kasun Perera <kas...@opensource.lk>
Subject How to create a Lucene in-memory index at webapp deployment time
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 05:10:32 GMT
I have a web java/jsp application running on Apache Tomcat server. In this
web application I have used lucene, to index and calculate similrarity
between some PDF documents(PDF documents are in the database). My live
server dosent allow web-app to access files, so I have created the
in-memory lucene index using RAMDirectory class.

In the current way that I have coded in my application, when for each time
user access the lucene involved functionality, it creates a new in-memory

Is there any way to create the in-memory index at the webapp deployment
time, so that in-memory index will be created only once and I can access
in-memory index as long as web app is live?

--
Regards

Kasun Perera