lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sanne Grinovero <sanne.grinov...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hibernate Search with Regex based on Table
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 15:10:00 GMT
Right, you should use the MappingCharFilter from Solr; Hibernate
Search can use the Solr tokenizers and filters:
http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/search/4.2/reference/en-US/html_single/#d0e462

To answer your other questions:

> In short: Would it be possible to introduce Hibernate Search in the
> project? (There is at least hibernate 3.0 and Jdk 1.5 on tomcat 6 with
> hbm.xml files available but not with annotations).

I'd suggest to use Hibernate 4.1.x, or at least Hibernate 3.6.x, so
that you can make use of a Search version which wasn't built in the
stone age.
Hibernate 4 requires Java6 (at least).

>                Would it be possible to use indexed lucene search by
> adding Restrictions to Hibernate Criterias?

You will be able to run either Lucene (fulltext) queries, or Criteria
queries: you can't mix the two APIs.

There is one exception: you can use the Criteria API to define the
fetching options:
http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/search/4.2/reference/en-US/html_single/#d0e5251

Regards,
Sanne