lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mike O'Leary" <tmole...@uw.edu>
Subject Uses for IndexWriter.commit(commitUserData)/IndexCommit.getUserData()
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 20:20:01 GMT
I was looking at IndexWriter.commit(commitUserData) and IndexCommit.getUserData() as possible
ways to save metadata about documents in an index, but I realized that the metadata we are
looking at could easily get to have way too many map entries to work well. This pair of functions
looks useful though, and I would like to ask if anyone could describe use cases where it works
well to save data in a commitUserData map while indexing for later use in the application.
Thanks,
Mike