lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Taylor <paul_t...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Re: Memory issues with Lucene deployment
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 09:28:24 GMT
On 25/09/2012 20:09, Uwe Schindler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Without a full output of "free -h" we cannot say anything. But the total Linux memory
use should always used by 100% on a good server otherwise it's useless (because full memory
includes cache usage, too). I think, -Xmx may be too less for your Java deployment? We have
no information about the size of your installation.

> If "top" reports too much residential memory for the Java VM process then there might
be something wrong, and then we would need "pmap <pid>" of the java process.

> Uwe

Hi , I was a bit misinformed, having read your excellant article
http://blog.thetaphi.de/2012/07/use-lucenes-mmapdirectory-on-64bit.html
and a bit more analysis I dont think there is a memory issue, rather a
cpu issue. The service talking to server is timing out getting
connections, so maybe I have a problem with release IndexSearchers or
something, anyway trying to get a stack dump done

Paul